Small Business Development Program
Bloom Small Business Development Program are cohort based classes offering resources for future/existing business owners in various areas. All classes will include resources to help businesses with their pitch to prospective clients, funders, stakeholders. This program is offered through the Bloom Business Empower Center, whose objective is to accelerate Small Business ownership and success, promote Pathways to Prosperity for talent development, and advance representation in leadership and access to opportunities.
There is no cost for this program. The cohort based classes will offer resources for future/existing business owners in various areas. All classes will include resources to help businesses with their pitch to prospective clients, funders, stakeholders. All sessions will run for 6 weeks and will take place from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. Classes can be offered in Spanish if requested.
Crispus Attucks – 605 S. Duke St., York, PA 17401
Registration is required, please sign up here.
Contact Sully Pinos via email with questions.
- Businesses must attend all classes in their track to be eligible to apply for a YoCo Bloom micro-grant offered by YCEA.
- Businesses that complete their track would be signed up with a mentor from Susquehanna SCORE.
- Businesses that complete their track will be featured in YCEA marketing efforts for business development.
- Businesses that complete their track would have an opportunity to attend a networking event hosted by YCEA.
- Business After Hours
- Women’s Business Center Organization (WBCO) Luncheon
- Business Series presented by PNC Bank
Current Available Tracks
Track #1- The Alphabet Soup of Having a Business
This is for future and existing business owners with 2 years or less of operations
(think of as “Getting Started-Business 101”)
Week 1 – April 21: First Steps to Start a Business
Week 2 – April 28: Developing Your Business Mission/Vision
Week 3 – May 5: Presenting your Business Through Marketing
Week 4 – May 12: Establishing Your Business – Where and How? Sole Prop vs LLC vs S Corp vs C Corp and more
Week 5 – May 19: Accounting & Establishing a Business Bank Account (and Why)
Week 6 – May 26: Wrap Up & Networking Session
This program is held in partnership with:
This program is sponsored by:
View our Small Business and Entrepreneur Resources.