The York County Economic Alliance, in partnership with Main Street Hanover, is pleased to announce the 2022 Downtown Hanover BLOOM Grant Recipients. Twelve businesses in Downtown Hanover will be awarded funding totaling $18,000, offering them vital resources to improve productivity, expand business services, or help the businesses to grow to the next level.
This micro-grant program is part of ongoing efforts by the BLOOM Business Empowerment Center, under the York County Economic Alliance, and in partnership with Main Street Hanover to instill York County with a thriving environment of entrepreneurship and to expand the economic capacity of downtown Hanover, thus improving the business environment, enhancing the quality of place, and increasing community synergy.
The 2022 Downtown Hanover BLOOM Grant Recipients are:
- Fat Bat Brewing Company, LLC – For the purchase of stairlift to increase access to HIDEaWAY area
- Ikigai Coffee LLC – For the kitchen expansion and improved kitchen equipment
- Jimmy Akinrosotu Agency Farmers Insurance – For coordinating a marketing campaign
- Let’s Play: Games and Hobbies LLC – For the purchase of updated signage and equipment
- Panebaker Funeral Home – For the purchase of a new printer and materials to improve services
- Snacktown Kitchens Co – For updated kitchen equipment and marketing materials
- Soul Meets Body Treatment Center, LLC – For the purchase of equipment to expand services
- The Cake Bar LLC – For lobby renovations and the purchase and installation of new signage
- The Sea Gypsy – For website development
- The Succulent Hippie – For event costs and increased inventory
- Vault Video Games – For lobby renovations and the purchase and installation of new signage
- Wolf & Wolf Restaurants dba Oak – For the purchase and installation of signage
Of the twelve businesses receiving funding, 75% are either women-owned or BIPOC-owned.
The BLOOM Grant Program was first created in 2018 to help businesses address a tangible need that will help them improve productivity, expand their services, or grow to the next level. Since its launch, 129 BLOOM Grants totaling $333,978 have been distributed to small businesses/organizations in York County, Downtown York, York County Trail Towns communities, to women-owned businesses, start-up entrepreneurs, and graduates of the BLOOM Small Business Development courses, with 54% of grants going to businesses owned by persons of color and 65% going to women-owned businesses.
More details about the BLOOM Business Empowerment Grant programs and additional resources can be found here.